Summertime is for entertaining with family and friends, often weaving in and out of our weekends, I love to incorporate the grill in most areas of the meal, particularly appetizer.
Because supper is typically included, broiled appetizers have two demands: to taste fantastic and be easy to prepare. I want an appetizer guests may easily grab and go.
The meaty morsel of the portobello is a fantastic base for the cheese. The nuts add a bit of a unique taste and the smoke from the smoldering cedarwood covers the whole plate in a a sticky sweetness. They are usually gone in minutes. Just my sort of grilled appetizer!
Planked Mushrooms with Herb Cheese
2 large portobello mushrooms
4 ounces of good-quality herb cheese spread
2 tbsp pine nuts
1 cedar board
- Soak the plank in water for a minimum of one hour.
- Clean the portobellos. Eliminate the stem using a spoon.
- Load each portobello with identical levels of pine nuts and cheese distributed. Put on the cedar plank.
- Make a two-zone fire and preheat your grill for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the grill. Cut into pieces and assist.