We know life can get hectic not always leaving you with the time to prepare a new meal, or grill up a delicious treat. Luckily mason jar salads mix those elements together and keep nicely for approximately 5 days, making them an ideal grab n’ go option!
Packing the layers closely ensures minimal atmosphere between layers, thus keeping your salad fresh. A moisture barrier that prevents other ingredients from becoming soggy will be created by layering your salad greens at the top. Seal tightly and place the jars in your refrigerator. When you are willing to eat the salad, simply pour into a bowl and revel in!
If you are looking for other mason jar salad recipes then check out our posts on grilled steak and pepper salad here, our chicken fiesta here and our broiled eggplant veggie treat recipe here.
BBQ Shrimp and Kale Mix
6 pieces fresh shrimp, deveined and peeled
1/4 cup cucumber, chopped
1/4 cup kale
1/4 cup Marie’s BBQ Coleslaw Dressing (4 teaspoons for marinade, staying for dressing)
1. Brush your shrimp with 4 teaspoons of Marie’s BBQ Coleslaw dressing.
2. You will be grilling on medium to high heat that is direct, focusing on temperatures around 450-500.
3. Supply a light coating of olive oil before you place them on the grill to the shrimp, this can additionally help give those beautiful grill marks to it and will help it from adhering. Grill shrimp for 2 minutes per side over direct heat (meaning food should grilled be right over lit burner).
4. Remove shrimp from your grill and let rest.
5. Layer ingredients in your mason jar in the following order: remaining BBQ Coleslaw dressing, cucumber, orzo, grape tomatoes, shrimp, kale. Seal jar tightly and store in fridge for up to FIVE days. Shake well before serving.