Let’s admit it. We love steak! And out of all, cedar plank grilled steak is one of the most succulent and scrumptious dishes on the Earth. But to be able to prepare such a rapturous delight, having a well-maintained BBQ grill is a sine qua non.
When you are preparing for an outdoor party, cleaning your BBQ grill can be very time-consuming. But instead of cleaning it yourself, getting it done by an experienced grill cleaning service can be a great idea.
In this recipe, you will be needing a probe thermometer. It is a device that you might be needing a lot while grilling anything on your BBQ. Once you flip the steak onto the cedar plank, you can insert the probe into the deepest and the thickest part of the steak. Set the thermometer for 125°F and wait until the temperature reaches this value.
What do you need for cooking your steak?
2 (1.5 inches thick) strip steaks
2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 large shallot – peeled and cut
1/2 red and green bell pepper (each) – stemmed, seeded and diced
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Take a large container and put the plank in it. Pour some water and let the plank soak the water for at least an hour.
- Put the salt and pepper seasoning on the strip steaks. Make sure the seasoning is spread evenly on the steaks.
- Light your grill and let it preheat for some time. Set the flame on high heat mode.
- By the time the grill is preheating, prepare shallot and pepper toppings by cutting them and mixing them in a bowl along with the salt.
- Take the plank out and let the water drip off. Put it on the grill and let the plank heat up for 3 minutes on high heat till the time you see smoke coming out of the plank.
- Flip the plank and put the steaks on the grill such that the steaks get the maximum heat. Let the steaks sear for about 4 minutes.
- After this, you will see the steaks being browned from the bottom. Now, put the steak on the plank (on the blackened side).
- Insert the probe into the steak as mentioned above and close the lid until it reaches 125°F temperature. It will take around 25 minutes before your stakes are ready.
- If you want to cook it to rare, you should set the temperature to 120°F and for cooking it to medium, set it for 135°F. Remove the plank when the temperature reaches the desired value.
- Take the stakes out and let them cool for 10 minutes. Topping the stakes. Cut them into pieces and serve.
I hope you and your guests will relish this dish!
A Piece of Advice: Always check if the BBQ is working perfectly before the party. It may need some repair if you haven’t used it for long. You can contact a good grill repair service and get it fixed instantly.
Enjoy your party and have fun!