At most parties I want to provide a broad range of grilled finger foods for my guests to enjoy…something to spark their desires as we get closer to the main event. This popper gets the party poppin’ every time what with the zing of the jalapeno along with horseradish filling the creamy cheese & subsequently capped and wrapped with BOTH sausage and bacon. Check out the recipe below or click on over to the video to see this recipe in activity.
Grilled Jalapeno Poppers
Prep time: 15 minutes
Time: about 16 minutes
Unique equipment: 16 toothpicks
8 slices lean bacon
4 completely cooked sausages, each three to four ounces
1/4 cup grated cheese, any kind you enjoy that will melt
8 chile peppers
1. Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the sausages over medium heat that is direct, with the lid shut, until properly browned and heated through, about 8 minutes.
2. Grill the poppers over medium heat, together with the lid shut, until the bacon is crisp, about 8 minutes, turning once or twice. Serve warm. LOVE!
3. Soak the toothpicks in water for at least 30 minutes.
4.Ready the grill for direct cooking over medium heat (350deg to 450degF).
5. In a microwave oven on high, cook the bacon until the fat is slightly rendered,.
6. Join Worcestershire sauce, cream-cheese, almonds, the cheese, and horseradish.
7. Cut the tops off the jalapenos, and then cut at each jalapeno length wise in two. Remove and veins. Fill each half with several of the cream cheese mixture, and level away it. Then top each using a piece of sausage, making a cylinder form, and wrap using a slice of bacon, winding around it in a spiral. Secure with a toothpick.