Having grown up in Mexico, avocados being picked from the trees in my backyard are certainly one of the best childhood memories. Throughout my life I’ve experimented with barbecuing this versatile super food. In this recipe, grilled avocado halves become a unique, wholesome vessel for grilled salmon salad. It is a delicious and popular dish for barbecue parties and gatherings, offering a healthy alternative packed with smoky flavor! Check out the recipe below or click up the video to view this recipe in action.
Grilled Avocado with Broiled Salmon Salad
Prep time: 15 minutes
Grilling time: 6 to 8 minutes
Juice of TWO limes
2 tablespoons cilantro or flat leaf parsley
4 tbsps olive oil
2 tablespoons rice-wine vinegar
2 tablespoons uncooked honey
2 tbs siracha
1. Ready the grill for direct cooking over medium/high heat (as near to 450° F as possible).
2. Clean the avocados with olive-oil, sprinkle with pepper and salt. Grill equally over direct medium/high heat, together with the cover closed, for FOR JUST TWO minutes, turning once. Remove from grill.
3. Flake the grilled salmon. Combine the ingredients to make the dressing. Add the flaked fish to dressing mix to create the stuffing.
4. Use a spoon to remove the avocado pit and enlarge it if needed.
5. Cube grilled mango slices and add to the salmon dressing. Put in a dash of lime juice, and season with salt-and-pepper to taste.
6. Scoop the salmon salad into the alligator pears. Garnish with cilantro. Add a dash of lime juice. LOVE!
Having your BBQ Cleaned & Repaired by the experts at Texas Grill Masters is vital to a great meal. Contact us today for more information and stay tuned for more great recipes.